10 Dec Car thefts in Singapore might not be common, but they can still happen.
In May 2018, a man was arrested for a series of car thefts in eastern Singapore.
In order to understand how you can prevent yourself from being a victim, it’s crucial to be aware of the ways in which cars can be stolen. Here are some ways car thefts can occur:
- Car taken on joyrides when valet services are engaged
- Car stolen when valet services are engaged
- You’ve left your keys inside the car and someone has driven it away
- Forced entry into car through windows, doors or keyhole
- Hacking into cars by getting around their security systems, e.g. investing in technology that can wirelessly hack into cars